Newport Live Arts & Culture Sub Group
Invitation for Expression of Interest
Newport Live are inviting Expressions of Interest from individuals to serve on a proposed new Arts & Culture Sub Group.
The purpose of the group will be:
- To advise the Board and the Chief Executive in creating and shaping the Newport Live Theatre, Arts & Culture strategic objectives and plans.
- To offer input into the future direction of The Riverfront Theatre & Arts Centre.
- To advise Newport Live on its contribution to the cultural direction of Newport, Gwent and Wales.
- To monitor, review and evaluate the cultural impact to continuously improve and maximise ongoing development of the Riverfront Theatre & Arts Centre.
About the role:
- Meetings will take place every other month, 6 times per year.
- The role does not carry any remuneration in exchange for the commitment.
- Sub-group members will be advisory roles and do not form part of the Newport Live board or Executive Team.
Who we are looking for:
We look forward to receiving Expressions of Interest from colleagues across a range of backgrounds and disciplines with different levels of experience. This includes in arts, heritage and culture across Newport, Wales and across the UK.
- We are seeking to invite up to 10 people to form part of the sub-group.
- Newport Live is committed to representing as diverse a group of communities as possible. We expressly seek and encourage applications from all genders, age ranges, people with disabilities and representatives from LGBTQ+ communities and global majorities.
- Membership of group will be reviewed on a biannual basis.
How to apply;
Expressions of Interest should be through submission of a brief introduction to your background, skills and attributes. This can be submitted in a number of ways including a written or typed document; video recording or presentation; or a voice or audio application.
Expression of Interests should be sent to Andrea Ovey at [email protected] by Monday 31 January 2022. For any enquiries prior to submission, please contact Andrea at same email address.