Click this icon on the right-hand side of your screen to open our accessibility menu and tailor our website to make it easier to use and navigate.
This accessibility statement applies to www.newportlive.co.uk
This website is run by Newport Live. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, or audio recording:
call: 01633 656757
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 30 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact: email@example.com
There are 5 accessible parking bays available within the underground car park on the ground floor. Access from the car park to the entrance is flat and there is a lift just outside the car park leading to floor 3 where Station Gym is located.
Gym and Studio Spaces
Access from the landing into the Station is flat. There are automatic gates. There is ramped access to the accessible toilet and shower at Station.
There is a large amount of accessible parking immediately adjacent to the main entrance.
Access from the car park to the entrance is flat.
Access to the indoor courts is flat. The tennis centre has an accessible toilet and an accessible shower within the main changing room. Wheelchair/Pushchair access to the viewing balcony is via lift, the key is available from reception on request.
The pool has an accessible toilet and separate accessible pool changing facilities. There is no hoist available within the changing facilities. There is flat access onto the poolside and a mobile hoist is available to access either the main swimming pool or the teaching pool, if required please notify reception on arrival.
As the pool is used for competitions it feels slightly cooler than the pool at Newport Centre.
The first floor is accessible by a lift located in the foyer area. This gives access to the Dolphin suite meeting room and the swimming pool viewing area. There are accessible toilets on the first floor.
There is a good amount of accessible parking immediately adjacent to the main entrance. Access from the car park to the entrance is flat.
Cycle Track/inner arena
Access to the track, the 5v5 area and the badminton courts in the centre of the track is some distance from the entrance. Access is not flat and is via a staircase or a relatively steep ramp.
There are separate accessible changing facilities and toilets.
5V5 Areas and badminton courts are in the middle of the track, so there is the potential for large amount of noise and distraction from other activities taking place.
The first floor is accessible by a lift located in the reception area. This gives access to the fitness suite, dance studio and track viewing area. There are a number of wheelchair spaces located at either end of the viewing area. There are accessible toilets on the first floor.
Gym Access/Steam Room
This has gate entry and has room for and is accessible to wheelchair users although access to the sauna has a small lip on the floor and is narrow.
There is an on street disabled parking bay on the main road outside the centre, this does not have individually marked spaces.
There are additional disabled parking spaces located in the school car park but this is a small distance from the entrance and although relatively flat it does involve a slope.
Accessible toilet and shower facilities are available. A mobile hoist is available to access swimming pool, if required please notify reception on arrival.
The Sports Hall has flat access, good colour contrast and is fully enclosed.
Art and culture are for everyone, but if you have an impairment or a specific access requirement, often a visit to the theatre or to an arts centre can be more complicated. At The Riverfront we aspire to offer our customers the very best practice in fair ticketing policy and accessibility. This includes;
- A free ticket for personal assistants or carers for people who need their support to visit The Riverfront. This is only available for customers who have a Hynt Card.
- There are nine wheelchair spaces in the theatre and eleven wheelchair spaces in the studio.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed and can be cared for during performances by arrangement.
- You can pick your seat in advance of your visit, even if we are not using a seating chart to sell the event. You can ask to preview the space, choose your seat and we will make sure that seat is yours when you arrive.
To make an appointment to preview your seat, to book these services or if you want to discuss anything else about your visit please contact the team on 01633 656679, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call in and have a chat with our box office team.
- You can drop off and pick up immediately outside the entrance by coming up to the barriers at the castle end of the building, press the buzzer and you will be let in.
- There are two accessible parking spaces for blue badge holders at all times. Unfortunately, these spaces cannot be reserved.
- Lift access, wheelchair access and toilet facilities accessible on all levels except for the Basement space.
- An infra-red transmission system is available in the main and studio theatre spaces and the best quality of sound is through a headset. If you prefer to use the T Switch on your hearing aid, you will need to wear an induction loop aerial around your neck. You can borrow both items from the box office.
- Copies of our brochure are available in large print and audio formats on request from The Riverfront.
- Deaf or hard of hearing and blind or visually impaired people can now enjoy the magic of cinema at The Riverfront with subtitled and audio described screenings.
- A selected number of performances a season are audio described and interpreted in British Sign Language.