There are three accessible parking bays in the Newport Centre customer car park.
There are no accessible spaces in the Newport City Council Emlyn Street car park opposite the centre although there is no charge for Blue Badge Holders.
Kingsway Multi-storey car park adjacent to centre has accessible parking spaces.
Access to the reception from these car parks is relatively flat. If using the multi-story access is via a lift and/or a ramp.
The pool has accessible toilet and pool changing facilities, please request the key from reception.
Access to the pool is flat (beach entry) and possible without using the steps and we also have a pool wheelchair that allows you to be wheeled directly into the water.
Water temperature at Newport Centre is around 28 degrees Celsius - 84 degrees Fahrenheit
The main hall has flat access. Sports halls are separated by a curtain so depending on what activity is on the other side of the hall there is the potential for some distraction or additional noise.
The first floor is accessible by a lift located at the back of the building. This gives access to meeting and function rooms, the café area and the fitness suite. There are accessible toilets located on the first floor.
We have gate entry for disabled users. Sight and hearing dogs can be left by main desk.
There is a large amount of accessible parking immediately adjacent to the main entrance.
Access from the car park to the entrance is flat.
Access to the indoor courts is flat. The tennis centre has an accessible toilet and an accessible shower within the main changing room. Wheelchair/Pushchair access to the viewing balcony is via lift, the key is available from reception on request.
The pool has an accessible toilet and separate accessible pool changing facilities. There is no hoist available within the changing facilities. There is flat access onto the poolside and a mobile hoist is available to access either the main swimming pool or the teaching pool, if required please notify reception on arrival.
As the pool is used for competitions it feels slightly cooler than the pool at Newport Centre.
The first floor is accessible by a lift located in the foyer area. This gives access to the Dolphin suite meeting room and the swimming pool viewing area. There are accessible toilets on the first floor.
There is a good amount of accessible parking immediately adjacent to the main entrance. Access from the car park to the entrance is flat.
Cycle Track/inner arena
Access to the track, the 5v5 area and the badminton courts in the centre of the track is some distance from the entrance. Access is not flat and is via a staircase or a relatively steep ramp.
There are separate accessible changing facilities and toilets.
5V5 Areas and badminton courts are in the middle of the track, so there is the potential for large amount of noise and distraction from other activities taking place.
The first floor is accessible by a lift located in the reception area. This gives access to the fitness suite, dance studio and track viewing area. There are a number of wheelchair spaces located at either end of the viewing area. There are accessible toilets on the first floor.
Gym Access/Steam Room
This has gate entry and has room for and is accessible to wheelchair users although access to the sauna has a small lip on the floor and is narrow.
Art and culture are for everyone, but if you have an impairment or a specific access requirement, often a visit to the theatre or to an arts centre can be more complicated. At The Riverfront we aspire to offer our customers the very best practice in fair ticketing policy and accessibility. This includes;
- A free ticket for personal assistants or carers for people who need their support to visit The Riverfront.
- There are nine wheelchair spaces in the theatre and eleven wheelchair spaces in the studio.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed and can be cared for during performances by arrangement.
For more details, or to book these services, please contact the team on 01633 656757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can drop off and pick up immediately outside the entrance by coming up to the barriers at the castle end of the building, press the buzzer and you will be let in.
- There are two accessible parking spaces for blue badge holders at all times. Unfortunately, these spaces cannot be reserved.
- Lift access, wheelchair access and toilet facilities accessible on all levels except for the Basement space.
- An infra-red transmission system is available in the main and studio theatre spaces and the best quality of sound is through a headset. If you prefer to use the T Switch on your hearing aid, you will need to wear an induction loop aerial around your neck. You can borrow both items from the box office.
- Copies of our brochure are available in large print and audio formats on request from The Riverfront.
- Deaf or hard of hearing and blind or visually impaired people can now enjoy the magic of cinema at The Riverfront with subtitled and audio described screenings.
- A selected number of performances a season are audio described and interpreted in British Sign Language.
There is an on street disabled parking bay on the main road outside the centre, this does not have individually marked spaces.
There are additional disabled parking spaces located in the school car park but this is a small distance from the entrance and although relatively flat it does involve a slope.
Accessible toilet and shower facilities are available. A mobile hoist is available to access swimming pool, if required please notify reception on arrival.
The Sports Hall has flat access, good colour contrast and is fully enclosed.