Newport Live is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold on all of our customers.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how Newport Live collects and uses the personal information you provide to us and that we collect, whether online, via phone, email, in letters or in any other correspondence or from third parties.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
- What information Newport Live may collect about you
- How we will use that information
- Whether we disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the information you provide to us; and
If you have any queries about this privacy and cookies policy please contact the Data Protection Officer at Newport Live, Regional Pool & Tennis Centre, Newport International Sports Village, Spytty Boulevard, Newport, NP19 4RA or email: email@example.com
Newport Live runs the Active Living Centre, Station, The Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre and the Newport International Sports Village (NISV). NISV also comprises of the Wales National Velodrome, the Regional Swimming Pool and Tennis Centre and Newport Stadium.
Newport Live has become the first choice for sporting, leisure and cultural activities in Newport. There are three main Newport Live Gyms, three main Swimming Pools, a Tennis Centre and a well established regional Theatre and Arts Centre. There are a large number of fitness classes, sports, live performances and cultural activities on offer.
We have coaching and participation programmes in many sports and offer a wide range of memberships. Newport Live also delivers Sports and Arts Development programmes on a city wide and regional basis.
Newport Live is a social enterprise and registered charitable trust, which means the money we make is ploughed back into the services and facilities we offer – so Newport Live customers help us to support our local community.
Newport Live is governed by a board of eleven trustees. Newport Live is operated on behalf of Newport City Council. Newport Live is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, Company Number 9323582 and is a registered charity, Charity Number 1162220.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, when you book tickets, events or activities organised and run by Newport Live, when you subscribe to our mailing lists, complete surveys for research purposes or otherwise provide us with personal information. When you book something with us or join as a member, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number and debit/credit card numbers to store with your account. With regard to debit/credit card numbers we will retain these only for so long as we think is reasonably necessary.
- Information we get from your use of our website and services. We collect information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on YouTube, visit our websites or view and interact with our ads and content.
- Information from third parties. We may also receive information about you from third parties. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, your geographic location (for mobile devices), credit/debit card details. We, like all companies, are able to confirm what browser you are using, IP address and computer operating systems that are being used and this information may be used to improve the services we offer
Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites. See below, under Marketing materials – to understand our purposes for processing your personal information.
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal data and covers health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect ‘sensitive personal data’ about our customers unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
Our Newport Live website (www.newportlive.co.uk) does not capture and store any personal details about visitors to the web site, except where details are voluntarily given via email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our services.
In these cases, the personal data you provide to Newport Live will be used only to provide you with the information you have requested. We will not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals unless you give your express consent.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added to your machine. Cookies can perform many different tasks. Some cookies help analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site etc.
- We collect the IP addresses of visitors so that we can see which pages are most popular. We also hold IP addresses from electronic feedback submissions so that we can monitor use of the feedback facility.
- Our Connect MRM website (membership.newportlive.co.uk/Connect/Mrmlogin) uses the following cookies, these are used to hold essential information whilst using the website. This information is not used for any other purpose than the essential running of this website:
- ASP.NET_Session Id. This cookie is automatically created by ASP.NET and is required for functionality of the website. More details about this cookie are available on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899918
- Google Analytics (4 cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz) If invoked in the Connect configuration, these third party cookies are created and used by Google to collect information about how visitors use a website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
- currentTheme. Some old versions of Connect may use this cookie to store the current visual theme selected by visitor.
When we collect and use your personal information, we will make sure this is only done accordance with at least one of the lawful grounds available to us under Data Protection law.
One of these is where we have obtained your specific consent to use your information for a previously notified purpose, such as to send you email/text marketing or to provide you with a product, service or information at your request.
Another is where we have a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you – for instance, where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority or we are legally required to hold transaction details for accounting/tax purposes.
In certain instances, we may collect and use personal information where this is necessary in our legitimate interest as a charity, this includes being able to:
- send direct marketing material to supporters by post or contacting them by telephone for fundraising purposes (subject to checking against the Telephone Preference Service and any existing marketing preferences). See more at Marketing Materials below;
- conduct research to better understand who our supporters are and better target our activity;
- monitor who we deal with to protect our charity against fraud, money laundering and other risks;
In all cases, we balance our legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Policy and that does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing preferences.
Where we process sensitive personal data (as mentioned above), we will make sure that we only do so in accordance with one of the additional lawful grounds for processing such as where we have your explicit consent or you have made that information manifestly public. When we do this, we will tell you what sensitive personal data we are collecting and why.
We want to ensure you receive the level of information about Newport Live that is right for you.
If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By subscribing to Newport Live emails or opting in to email communication from Newport Live, you grant us the right to use the email for both email marketing purposes and advertisement targeting.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to follow us on social media to find out more about what Newport Live can offer you and you can stop following us at any point. We only use the data that you provide on your profiles as anonymous data for analysis and reporting. If we are following you and you do not want us to, you can stop that at any point. We advise you to check your privacy settings on your social media profiles. Find out more about privacy settings for Facebook Twitter and Instagram
If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number, we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information. We also actively check telephone numbers against the Telephone Preference Service and will only make telephone calls to you where your telephone number is listed on the TPS if you have specifically told us that you do not object to such calls and have consented to receive them.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about Newport Live and all that we offer you. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your data.
You may opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in at the end of our marketing emails. You can also change any of your contact preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes by telephone, or by post) by contacting us on 01633 656757 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. Rest assured we will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data.
We monitor and record images using closed circuit television at our venue. We do this for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety.
We, or third parties authorised by us, may carry out film and/or sound recording during, before or after a performance and/or event/activity in our venues from time to time. Whilst we take reasonable steps to make sure that visitors are notified of such recording when they enter our venues and are given an opportunity to avoid such recording, by attending our venues you consent to you and any persons (including any children) who may accompany you, being included in such recordings and such recordings subsequently being used by us for any reasonable commercial purposes, including without limitation, for marketing and promotional purposes. We will not make any payment to you in respect of your inclusion in such recordings.
Newport Live records its live online exercise classes via Zoom for quality and security purposes. Attendees will receive a notification when a recording starts or if you join a session that is already being recorded. The attendee can either consent to stay in the session or leave. Theses recording are stored for up to 3 years.
Subject Access Request FormWe keep your personal information only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Your ability to edit and delete your account information preferences
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You can edit your Newport Live account information, including your address and contact details at any time. If you would like to change your preferences or update the details we hold about you other than online, please contact us on 01633 656757 or email email@example.com or write to the Marketing & Data Team, Newport Live, Regional Pool & Tennis Centre, Newport International Sports Village, Spytty Boulevard, Newport NP19 4RA.
Your rights to your personal information
Under UK Data Protection law you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise these rights we require you to put your request in writing with a Subject Access Request and to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification (Passport, Driving Licence, Utility Bill). Please address requests to Newport Live - Subject Access Request, Regional Pool & Tennis Centre, Newport International Sports Village, Newport NP19 4RA and we will respond within 30 days, of receipt of your written request and proof of ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records on our Subject Access Request Form (download).
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. Individual Rights Request Form (download)
We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website(s). By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.