keeping you safe
Newport Live prides itself on providing safe, fun environments for all to enjoy.
We all share a responsibility, both collectively and individually, to ensure that all children and adults are treated with respect and protected from others who may abuse them.
All Newport Live employees including voluntary staff members and contractors who come into contact with children or adults at risk in the course of their work understand their employee responsibilities and whenever necessary take action to safeguard and promote the welfare of all participants, customers and visitors.
We achieve this by ensuring:
- Policies and procedures are implemented to safeguard children, young people and adults at risk across the facilities and services we provide.
- Ensure that the policies that are in place are in line with current legislation and Local Safeguarding Children’s Board policies.
- Implement best practice when recruiting and selecting the staff to deliver services, including carrying out DBS checks where appropriate.
- Provide opportunities for Newport Live staff to attend training that enables them to be competent and confident to deal with Safeguarding situations.
- Ensure that organisations using any of the Newport Live facilities address any safeguarding requirements and practices.
- Work with partners to influence and promote safeguarding practices and principles in sport, leisure, arts and culture.
- Ensure that the facilities can support safeguarding protocols and promote good practice in the areas of security, CCTV, layout, visual aids and signage.
To ensure that swimming pools operated by Newport Live are as safe as possible, guidelines for the supervision of children have been implemented. The guidelines were issued by the CIMSPA (Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Activity).
Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by a responsible adult of at least 17 years of age on a one to one basis, regardless of swimming ability. The adult must have constant supervision of the child in the changing room and swimming pool area.
Children 5-8 years old, one adult at least 17 years of age, may accompany up to two children between the ages of 5-8. This adult must have constant supervision of the children in the changing room and swimming pool area.
Due to the depth of the Teaching Pool at the Regional Pool and Tennis Centre, the ratio allows for one adult to two children.
Newport Live follows the CIMSPA guidance with regards to the recommendations that all leisure facilities should record the details of customers who wish to use photographic equipment to record images if their own children or close relatives.
In line with this recommendation, Newport Live require that any person who wishes to use photographic equipment should register their details on the “Use of photographic equipment form”. Forms are located at each Newport Live reception area.
Use of Photographic equipment within a Newport Live facility
There are situations and areas within the facilities where photography is not permitted. Areas within Newport Live facilities where photography is not permitted include changing rooms, toilets.
Newport Live is committed to providing a safe environment for all participants. To ensure that clubs and organisations that deliver coached sessions who hire the facilities are meeting this requirement, Newport Live gather evidence of safe governance. This evidence is required at the time of booking and includes:
DBS certificate confirmation,
Any licenses / NGB accreditations.
The Newport Tennis Centre is an LTA registered club. Newport Live works with the LTA to ensure that it meets and exceeds the LTA Safeguarding standards.
If you have any further queries or concerns relating to our safety policies please do not hesitate to speak to a member of staff call us on 01633 656757.