Happy and healthy at home
Physical activity, exercise, keeping fit and engaging people in the arts and creativity is central to all we do here at Newport Live. In this difficult time we may not be able to support you in person, but we are committed to supporting you and your well being at home as much as we can.
Until we are able to welcome you all back to Newport Live venues safely, we want to provide you with information online that will help you to stay fit and healthy, support positive physical and mental wellbeing and inspire creativity whilst at home.
This will include:
Working with our fitness team to record some easy and fun home workout videos suitable for all abilities. These videos will be recorded by members of our regular class leaders and will include tips on how you can get involved safely, at your own pace and at a time convenient for you.
Sharing frequent hints, tips and ideas on how to stay healthy and active without leaving home
Sharing free resources you can take part in and create along with simple tips to help take up a new hobby while stuck at home
Sharing links to performances, shows and arts activities which can be streamed and enjoyed online
happy and healthy at home resources
Live Fitness Classes
Each week we will be streaming a range of classes live on Zoom. This week's timetable can be cound at the bottom of the page.
Meeting ID: 808 886 4513
Visit the Newport Live YouTube channel for a range of pre-recorded fitness classes to join in with from home.
We have three playlist full of a variety of classes from kettlebells to Zumba, yoga to pilates.
- Happy & Healthy at Home Playlist
- Low Intensity Aerobic & Resistance Playlist
- Low Intensity Pilates Playlist
Recently added videos
We have recently added the following videos to our YouTube channel:
- Zumba with Louise
- StrongNation with Louise
- Kettlebells with Sherrie
- HIIT with Sherrie
- Ballet Fit with Louise
By choosing to participate in a Newport Live Exercise Session the participant accepts that they undertake and engage in the session without supervision, at their own risk.
Participants are encouraged to exercise common sense and always seek the guidance of a medical professional before undertaking any form of online sport and physical activity.
Participants with pre-existing medical conditions, injuries or disabilities that may affect their ability to participate in the online sport and physical activity session, should seek medical advice and obtain written confirmation for their suitability to take part, before participating.
Where the sessions are live or only accessible to participants at the discretion of Newport Live it is the responsibility of the participant to make the instructor aware of any conditions, injuries, or disabilities prior to participating in the online sport and physical activity session.
- NHS - Take your pick from 24 instructor-led videos across aerobics exercise, strength and resistance, and pilates and yoga categories brought to you by the NHS.
- Stay at Home Challenge - how many keepy upy's can you do with a toilet roll?
- LTA - Tennis skills at home
- Sport Wales - #BeActiveWales - Keeping Wales moving during the Coronavirus crisis, whether you’re looking for gentle exercise or an intense workout.
- Sport England - Tips, advice and guidance on how to keep or get active in and around your home.
- Request a fitness consultation - if you’re a Newport Live member our instructors are happy to give you tailored advice on how to continue your workouts and exercise safely from home! Consultations can be done digitally via Zoom. If you’d like to have a consultation or need advice from one of our instructors, fill in your details below and one of our team will be in touch: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Newport_Live_Consultation
- #BeActiveWales home workouts - home workouts from Sports Wales.
- British Cycling Learning - a range of digital and online learning opportunities for learners and volunteers.
- Couch to 5K - NHS Couch to 5K will help you gradually work up towards running 5km in just 9 weeks.
- NHS Strength and Flex plans - The 5-week plan consists of a series of equipment-free exercises designed to improve your strength and flexibility.
- Change 4 Life - Disney inspired indoor games and 10 Minute Shake Up activities to help children stay active.
- Youth Sports Trust Wonder Woman Quest – Wonder Woman inspired sports activities for young people
- Youth Sports Trust Wonder Woman Quest Parents Pack – A pack of resources and guidance for parents based on the Wonder Woman Quest pack for young people
- Support for those working in the arts - Our Creative Producer Olivia will be offering coaching sessions/advice and guidance/peer support/chats via Skype/Zoom for anyone in the arts community – just drop her a line to set something up at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Show Must Go Online - this site brings together actors from across the globe to perform the complete plays of William Shakespeare online, in the order they are believed to have been written. The plays will be livestreamed on YouTube, every Thursday 7pm.
- Creative Quarantine - a daily email of creative activities and adventures for all ages to do in their own home. Led by a group of artists and creatives who’ve been sent home because of the coronavirus, they want us to continue to be as creative as possible!
- The Stay at Home Festival - Actors and comedians including Jo Brand, Sara Pascoe, Stephen Merchant and many more have launched The Stay at Home Festival, live streaming a mixed bill comedy nights and conversations most days.
- The Social Distancing Festival - an online artist’s community made to celebrate and showcase the work of the many artists around the world who have been affected by the need for social distancing. Many of these pieces were created and rehearsed but unfortunately never got to be performed in front of an audience.
- Filmed on Stage - Streamed versions of Broadway titles.
- Royal Opera House - free opera and ballet from The Royal Opera House #FromOurHouseToYourHouse
- National Theatre - the National Theatre have launched National Theatre at Home and they will release some of the best of British theatre which can be streamed online with a subscription
- Family Theatre Fun - Games, quizzes, storytimes, free educational resources and more from Official London Theatre
- Head for Arts - Online activities, entertainment and support networks that people can engage with from home.
- Fantastic for Families - Arts activities for families to try at home.
- Broadway HD - This site is full of live screenings of past Broadway productions including Billy Elliott, Cats, Fame, Kinky Boots, Miss Saigon, Les Miserables and much more.
- Happenus - Twinning- find your address twin and write them a letter.
- Little Angel Theatre - Children's puppetry theatre the Little Angel has a great online Christmas season for families to enjoy! You can watch the shows live on Zoom or at your own convenience on Youtube. Show include 'Wow! Said the Owl,' 'Mother Christmas,' and 'The Little Fish.'
- Theatre Quizzes - Test your theatre knowledge with these quizzes from the Official London Theatre.
- Disney on Stage - Activities, resources and videos showcasing some of the most popular parts of Disney Theatrical’s free education programmes
- Blob Opera - Create your own opera inspired song with Blob Opera - no music skills required!
- AM - This free streaming platform features videos and podcasts from Welsh organisations, festivals and artists.
Live Music Now at Home - pre-recorded videos suitable for care homes and the general public.
Live Music in Care - Free online concerts for care homes featuring Live Music Now musicians, every Wednesday at 2pm.
Only the Brave - Produced by Wales Millennium Centre, Only the Brave, recounts the raw courage and determination of those who fought and felt the physical and emotional pain of the Second World War.
Say It How It is - a new podcast discussing anything from the biggest headlines to the smallest… a safe space for creators, performers and aspirational young people aged 11-25 years, a platform without judgement where you can have your voice heard.
Tall Stories' Tales of Light - a brand new series of short stories for audiences aged 4+ and their families.
The World's Worst Children - Listen to the audiobooks of these David Walliams classics.
Learn Origami - Easy to follow tutorials that will help you make dinosaurs, birds, boats, flowers and much more!
Myleene's Music Klass - Curriculum based and most importantly, fun music lessons. There’s no need for instruments or to feel intimidated. Any age, any ability welcome.
Jina and the STEM Sisters - a new musical show, telling the story of key STEM women who empower lost child and would-be-scientist Jina, with the gifts of curiosity, courage, creativity, persistence and open-mindedness; key scientific attributes, through sharing their own life-experiences.
Huddle - a moving tale of a daddy penguin and his new chick learning how to thrive in spite of the odds. Perfect for ages 2-5.
The Picture of Dorian Gray - a brand-new digital adaptation that brings Oscar Wilde’s Faustian tale kicking and screaming into a world of Instagram, Facebook and dating apps.
Mid Wales Opera's Gala Concert - Watch the 2020 gala concert in full onile.
World Book Night: Sally Pomme Clayton Presents Death and The Warrior Maiden - Free online event on Friday 23rd April, 6.30pm. Author and performer Sally Pomme Clayton presents a rare gem in celebration of World Book Night for an adults-only audience.
Explore the Louvre - Explore Paris' the Louvre Museum and its collections digitally!
https://www.artfund.org/whats-on/meet-me-at-the-museumhttps://www.artfund.org/whats-on/meet-me-at-the-museum - a podcast which features well-known faces taking someone they love to a favourite museum or gallery, to explore what's on offer, have a chat about what they find, and generally muse on life.Meet Me at the Museum
- Storytime with Aunty Chris - Aunty Chris reads bilingual stories for preeschool and younger children. Titles so far have included Dear Zoo and We're Going on a Bear Hunt.
- The Body Coach - P.E. lesson with Joe Wicks, every weekday at 9am
- BBC Bitesize - UK curriculum content for primary school through to post 16
- Mystery Science - free, easy science lessons so that you can learn from home
- The Kid Should See This - a collection of 4,300+ kid-friendly videos, curated for teachers and parents who want to share smarter, more meaningful media in the classroom and at home.
- World Geography Games - entertaining, educational quiz games for kids, students, adults and seniors to test and improve their geographical knowledge.
- Duolingo - learn a language for free.
- Blockly Games - a series of educational games that teach programming. It is designed for children who have not had prior experience with computer programming. By the end of these games, players are ready to use conventional text-based languages.
- Tinkercad - free, easy-to-use app for 3D design, electronics, and coding.
- Prodigy Game - engaging, curriculum-aligned math platform.
- Guggenheim - view some of the collection online
- National Gallery of Art - view some of the collection online
- The Vatican Tours - take a virtual tour of part of the Vatican
- Edinburgh Zoo - live webcam from parts of the Zoo
- Twinkl - School lesson resources for primary aged children
- BrainPOP- an online resouce which mixes learning with enjoyment.
There's free access to traditional subjects like English, science and maths as well as well as arts and crafts and even a 'new & trending' section where you can learn about everything like top movies, the solstice and even coronavirus.
Tynker - Coding made easy for children aged 5+. There's everything from beginner puzzles to even coding with Barbie.
SciShow Kids - Tune into YouTube channel SciShow Kids to learn about the science of animals with Jessi and her friends.
The Brain Scoop - An educational YouTube channel filmed at The Field Museum in Chicago.
Travel the world's museums - Go on a virtual tour of 12 famous museums, from London to New York and Berlin.
GEOgraphy Focus - Learn more about different countries around the world.
Kids Learning Tube - A YouTube channel with a mission to educate kids of all ages through original music and animation.
Switch Zoo - A place where you can make new animals, play animal games, solve animal puzzles, take a guided tour, and join a zoo quest.
SeussVille - The online place to discover the magical world of the Dr Seuss books.
Cool Math 4 Kids - Learn maths through fun games.
Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler Home Learning Packs - Is your child a fan of Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s wonderful picture books? Now you can download a range of home learning activity packs to complete as your read the books!
Disneynature - educational materials that continue the viewing experience of some films and shows while inspiring a desire to protect the planet through connections to nature.
NASA Kids Club - A website full of spaced themed ful for children and young children! Learn topics, complete missions and watch loads of space videos.
Children's festival of Welsh History - videos to teach children about famous Welsh people of the past including Owain Glyndwr and Hedd Wyn.
Ultimate List of Animal Live Cams - featuring zoos, aquarium’s and sanctuaries across the country.
Kew - Expand your knowledge on plant and fungal science from the world's best experts
Science Museum Group - Learning resources and activities to support a range of curriculum topics for use in the classroom, in museum galleries and beyond.
- MIND - advice on taking care of your mental health and wellbeing
- The Mental Health Foundation - tips on sustaining your mental health
- NHS every Mind Matters - guidance, advice and tips on maintaining your mental health from home
- ACAS working for everyone - health and safety advice for working from home
- British Sign Language - learn sign language at home for only £3
- Become a Dementia Friend - A Dementia Friend is somebody that learns about dementia so they can help their community.
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board - Guidance on the Mental Health/ Well-being impact of coronavirus
- 5 steps to mental wellbeing - Trying these things could help you feel more positive and able to get the most out of life, from the NHS
- Well being resources - resources to help stay positive during the pandemic from Sports Wales.
Here are a range of colouring sheets to download, print off and colour in, perfect to keep children occupied:
- Covid Guidance Colouring Sheet
- Thank You Key Workers Colouring Sheet
- Thank You NHS Bunting Colouring Sheet
- NHS Heroes Bunting Colouring Sheet
Egg Box Daffodils Craft instructions
St Davids Day Placemat Craft Instructions
Wooden Spoon Dragon Craft Instructions
- Theatre Themed Colouring Sheets - Colour in your favourite characters from Wicked, Matilda, Six and more.
- Disney Activity Booklets - Disney's Destination of Imagination site features a range of Disney themed arts & crafts activity booklets including Mickey Mouse, Princesses, Marvel, Spider Man, Star Wars and more!
- Disney's Art of Animation - Learn how to draw your favourite Disney characters!
- Self Portrait Prize - The Ruth Borchard Collection invites all artists to enter the Prize to celebrate the practice of self portraiture.
- Baker Ross - Free craft resources and ideas for children, adults and teachers
- Hobbycraft - Craft ideas and projects
- Creative Bug - Arts and Crafts classes on literally everything, including making finger puppets, knitting, creating animal hats and fairy wands.
- #DrawWithRob - a series of twice-weekly draw-along videos with bestselling and multi award-winning children's author and illustrator Rob Biddulph.
- Art Competition for Primary & Secondary Schools - Competition for children to create a piece of visual art work using any media that incorporates the Romani Flag and/or words from the Romani Anthem.
- Make your own Flower Garland
- Make your own Paper Strip Fruits and Vegetables
- Make your own Healthy Paper Plate
- Make your own Peg Animals
- Make your own Cartoon Fruit
- Make your own Macaroni Monster
- Make your own Pasta Jewellry
- Make your own CD Fish
- Make your own Lolipop Stick Penpot
- Make your own Lolipop Stick Bookmark
Newport Live is a non-profit distribution organisation and charity, which means that all of our surplus income is reinvested back into the organisation to enhance our programmes, facilities, services and to support staff training and development. This would not be possible without your continued support.
We have been asked how you can continue to support us during these times, so if you are able, and would like to continue to support us during our closure, you can do so by visiting our Support Us Page.
Pre-recorded & Live Classes Shared Daily on Facebook
To access the live classes:
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/8088864513?pwd=M051NUtpUjRwdDllTDJVaExmS1poZz09
Meeting ID: 808 886 4513