(Neil Fachie and Pete Mitchell on the boards at Wales National Velodrome at the Paralympic Training Camps. Photo: Steve Pope, Sporting Wales)
Inspired by TeamGB and ParalympicsGB's cycling teams? Come and try the track at Wales National Velodrome!
1 hour on-track Introduction, just £20 ***NEXT SESSION: Monday 18 September 4-5pm - Adult Taster Session***
Introduction to the exciting discipline of Track Cycling in a safe and structured environment. Skills will be introduced to allow riders to lap the steeply banked wooden track and gain a "Flying 250m" time to compare with the professionals.
Bike and helmet rental included as well as a free pair of cycling gloves!
Group size is small to allow both adult and young people to take their first pedal strokes in an enjoyable way. This session leads into a full beginner course which takes place on a Monday evening.
Complete the contact form below and a member of our booking team will be in touch.
ABOUT THE TRACK
1. Home to Welsh Cycling
2. Training venue for Team GB for final Olympic & Paralympic Preparation for 2004, 2008, 2012 and 2016
3. Host to largest youth racing series in the UK
4. One of only 5 indoor velodromes in the UK
5. Built in 2004 to International standards
6. World Class facility with seating for 500 spectators
7. 250 metre lap
8. 42 degree banking at either end
9. All wooden construction in Siberian Pine
10. Venue for weekly Track racing during the winter